Iowa River Valley Early Childhood Area
ensuring success in children age 0-5 in hardin and marshall county, iowa
The Iowa River Valley Early Childhood Area Board has adopted guiding principles that will drive our efforts in improving the lives of Hardin and Marshall County children and families.
- Reduce abuse - Efforts to reduce abuse and neglect must be closely linked to broader community initiatives and priorities.
- Equality - All families shall be treated with equality, without discrimination in race, gender, culture, income, and religion
- Safety - Safety is a prerequisite for children children to learn.
- Opportunity - We must provide children and families the opportunity to learn and grow, in all places and at all times. We must work to remove barriers and help families overcome obstacles.
- Understanding - Children and families are our “North Star” and they shall help us in understanding where our priorities should lie.
- Respect - We should always show and display respect for all children, families, early care, health and education providers and our community at large.
- Community - We are a community, connecting people to people, and people to resources. Healthy children and healthy families result in healthy community members for the future.
- Early intervention - Children must have their physical, emotional, and mental health needs met before they are able to learn.